Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enter final grades on the web?
You may wish to print this page for reference as you use the BANNER Web system. To print, click File, Print now.
You MUST use Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher for BANNER Web access.
Netscape will not work with BANNER frames.
- Open your web browser to the Darton State College home page (www.darton.edu)
- Click on "MyDC" in the top right hand corner.
- Click in the "User Name" area and type your User Name (ex. firstname.lastname).
- Click in the "Password" area and type your Password number.
- Click the "Login" button
- Click on the "Faculty-Banner" tab.
- Click on "Enter Final Grades" menu a the bottom right hand side of the screen.
- Choose term from drop down box and click on "Submit Term".
- Choose a CRN from the drop-down box and click on "Submit CRN"
- Enter grades for each student by choosing a grade from the drop-down box or tabbing and keying in the grade. After all grades are entered, click on the "Submit" button (bottom of the page). If you fail to click on the submit button, the grades will not be entered.
- If you have a student on your class roll that did not attend, please enter 0.00 under hours attended!
- If you award a grade of F for a student, you must enter the last date of attendance for this student. (This is a new federal regulation and is tied to federal financial aid. Darton’s failure to comply could cause us to lose federal funding.)
- If you have additional classes, click on “CRN Selection” at the bottom of the page. Select and submit the CRN.
- Click on “Final Grades” and enter grades for this CRN. Repeat steps 9-12 until all grades are submitted.
- Click on the “Exit” button and exit your browser.
Netscape will not work with BANNER frames.
Copies of grades are no longer submitted to the Registrar’s Office unless you have students who meet the following criteria:
- If you have a student who was in your class but does not show on your class roster, please write in the student’s name, ID, and grade on the grade sheet and submit Registrar’s Office. Distance Learning faculty can fax this information to us at 229-317-6606.
Reminder on "I" grades: Any time you report a grade of “I” you will be asked to complete an “Incomplete Grades” form via “Grade Surveys”, showing the reason for the “I” grade. “I” grades will need to be satisfied by the student’s next semester of enrollment or within the next twelve months, whichever comes first. If “I” grades are not removed by that time, an “F” will be reported. REMEMBER: “I” GRADES CAN ONLY BE AWARDED FOR NON-ACADEMIC REASONS. Please do not enter an “IP” grade or an “I” in BANNER. “IP” grades are only used for learning support classes. “I” grades are left blank in BANNER and a form must be submitted via “Grade Surveys”. Your grades are not considered submitted until we receive the “I” form.
If you need assistance with entering your grades via the web, please contact your departmental administrative assistant. If the administrative assistant is unable to resolve the problem, please call the Registrar's Office at 317-6742 for further assistance.
Using Sharepoint “Grade Surveys”
- Go to the Darton State College website;
- click Faculty & Staff; (top right corner);
- click Email and Sharepoint Access;
- click “Grades Surveys” (use your Windows/Outlook password when prompted)
You must include darton\ BEFORE your username!
It is recommended that PC users use internet explorer and mac users use safari.
- At this point, you will be the message: There is a problem with this website’s security certificate-please click- “Continue to this website (not recommended)”
- Under Surveys (top left)-choose “Incomplete Grades”;
- click “respond to this survey”; please fill out form COMPLETELY!;
- click “finish” button.
When the student completes the work, you will use the “grade changes” icon instead of the “incomplete grades” icon.
If you need assistance with entering your grades via the web, please contact your departmental administrative assistant. If the administrative assistant is unable to resolve the problem, please call the Registrar’s Office at 229-317-6544 or 229-317-6744 for further assistance. Please keep in mind that our office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.