Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for classes on the web?
You may wish to print this page for reference as you use the BANNER Web system, accessible through MyDC. To print, click File, Print now.
To use the BANNER Web registration system, students must first see their academic advisor to complete an advising release form. If you have not completed this step, you will not have access to the web registration system.
- Open your web browser to the Darton State College home page (www.darton.edu)
- Click "MyDC"
- Enter your username and password to login (Click on DCid Lookup if you do not know your username and/or password)
- Click the "Student-Banner" tab
- Under "Student Banner Links", click "Add or Drop Classes"
- If this is your first time, the "Terms of Usage" screen will appear. Please read and click on the continue button to accept the terms of usage.
- Choose the term you wish to register for from drop-down box and click on "Submit Term".
- If you know the CRN of your class you want, you can enter it on this screen. Otherwise, you can search for CRNs by clicking on the "Class Search" button.
- Use "Lookup Classes to Add" to search for classes. After making your selections, click on "Get Classes" button.
- Find your class on the screen and click in the box next to the desired selection.
- Click on "Add to Worksheet" if you have more courses to select. If this is your last or only course, click on "Register". Continue selecting classes until you have completed your selections.
- If you have registration errors you need to make another selection or see your advisor.
- Click on "Menu"
- Click on "View Fee Assessment". This calculates your fees and displays the charges.
- Congratulations! You are now registered for classes. Click on the "back to Student-Banner Tab" to exit Banner and return to the main MyDC area or click the Logout button if you are done in MyDC.