Frequently Asked Questions
How to Reset Your Banner Password
If you no longer recall your password to gain access to Banner please use the following instructions.
- Log into MyDC
(If you do not know your MyDC Password, look it up here.)
- Click on the Employee Tab OR Faculty-Banner Tab at the top of the page (in MyDC)
- Select "Reset Banner Password"
(located in the "Employee Links" box)
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen
- Your user name and new temporary password will be sent to your Darton Email.
- Log into PROD Banner with your information
A temporary password will be provided but a new password will need to be created by yourself. Keep in mind the following criteria when creating a new password:
It must start with a letter
It must contain a number
It must end with either a letter or number
It must be at least 6 characters
It must contain at least one of these characters ! % * + - / : ? _
It must differ from the old password by at least 3 characters
Password Examples: happy_123 lovely!29 lost%999
Follow this procedure to log into Banner with the temporary password:
- Activate the Banner application by double-clicking on the Prod Banner icon on your Windows Desktop.
- When prompted for your login information you will type in your current user name and the temporary password provided to you by the OIT Help desk.
NOTE: Your user name is not the same as your network (Windows) user name. If you are unsure of the correct user name please contact the OIT Help desk.
- Leave the 'Database' field empty.
- You will see a message stating that the password has expired. Select 'Ok'.
- In the 'Changing Password' dialog box you will enter the temporary password in the 'Old Password' field. Provide a new password based the the preceding criteria. Repeat the EXACT SAME password in
the 'Retype New Password' field. Select 'OK'
You should now be logged into Banner. If not, carefully read the error message, reread the preceding instructions, and retry the procedure for resetting your password. If you are unable to reset your password or need additional assistance please contact the TSD Help desk.