Darton State College Web Services | Medium Revisions
» Technology Services Division
» Web Services
- First, determine what level of revision your page requires:
- Minor Revision per page - single sentence changes, spelling errors, simple corrections
- Medium Revision per page - replacing whole paragraphs
- Major Revisions per page - desire to scrap a whole page and replace with something completely brand new
- Once you have determined that your revision is medium level, the next step is to print out the page or pages which need revisions.
- Using a red pen (or other highly visible/readable color), mark through the sentences or paragraphs you are wishing to change and/or replace.
- To prevent typos and to speed the process along, it is requested that you type up the new sentences or paragraphs on Word.
- If more than one section is being replaced, or multiple pages are involved, please place numbers in the margins on the paper by the marked out sentences. In your Word document, place the corresponding number by the replacement paragraphs/sentences.
- IF a sentence or paragraph is being deleted completely, please write "delete" in the margin beside the sentence/paragraph.
- Place the corrected pages in an interoffice mail envelope and send to the following location: TSD c/o Web Services.
- Submit a Work Order to IT.ServiceDesk@darton.edu, informing Web Services of the incoming changes. Include your Word document, and in the body of your e-mail, please specify that the corresponding pages are being sent via interoffice.
- Revisions will be performed in the order in which they are received.
- Major revisions take longer than the Minor or Medium level revisions. Having all your material gathered prior to meeting with the Web Services team will greatly speed up the updating process.
- During some months, Web Services may receive a high volume of work from multiple departments. Please understand that this may cause delays in completion time.
- Once Web Services has completed your revisions you will be notify via the Help Desk system and you will receive a “Resolved” email.
- At this time we ask that you review your page(s) for accuracy.
- If you are not satisfied with the changes, please respond to the “Resolved” email so that corrections can be made in a timely manner.
The Web Services department is responsible for the information on this page.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact Dorea Hardy.
Last Update: November 19, 2015 10:46 AM
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.