Darton State College Web Services | Adding pages to an existing site
» Technology Services Division
» Web Services
Adding pages to an existing site
- Look at your current pages, if your site has its own menu system located in the left hand menu bar, think about where you want the link located within that list. Choose wording that will let a viewer of your page know what it is linking to, but is short enough to fit within the space designated.
- Type up your wording in a Word document.
- Gather any images or additional media you want placed on the new page. (Note: Images should be in JPEG or GIF format.)
- Call x6704 to set up an appointment with a Web Services team member to discuss the addition and work out any questions involving its addition.
- Prior to the appointment, e-mail the Word document to the Web Services team member you are working with. Be sure to include any additional images or files you are desiring to include on your site. (Note: Images should be in JPEG or GIF format.)
- Revisions will be performed in the order in which they are received.
- Major revisions take longer than the Minor or Medium level revisions. Having all your material gathered prior to meeting with the Web Services team will greatly speed up the updating process.
- During some months, Web Services may receive a high volume of work from multiple departments. Please understand that this may cause delays in completion time.
- Once Web Services has completed your revisions you will be notify via the Help Desk system and you will receive a “Resolved” email.
- At this time we ask that you review your page(s) for accuracy.
- If you are not satisfied with the changes, please respond to the “Resolved” email so that corrections can be made in a timely manner.
The Web Services department is responsible for the information on this page.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact Dorea Hardy.
Last Update: December 10, 2015 4:16 PM
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.