Darton State College Admissions - ACCEL/Joint Enrollment Program
ACCEL/Joint Enrollment Program
BEGIN COLLEGE NOW!
The Accel Program provides an opportunity for academically talented high school students from eligible Georgia high schools to begin earning a college degree while simultaneously pursuing a high school diploma. The program offers financial assistance for participants through the HOPE Scholarship. All hours taken and paid for by the Accel Program will not be counted in the combined paid-hours limit for the Hope Scholarship.
Minimum admissions requirements for the Accel Program are as follows:
- High school academic GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of all of the academic requirements of the 10th grade
- Minimum 970 combined (critical reading & math) SAT 1 (21 ACT composite) score. In order to take college English/social science courses that also satisfy high school college preparatory curriculum requirements, the student must have a minimum SAT I critical reading score of 530 (23 ACT English score); for math/science courses, the student must have a minimum SAT 1 math score of 530 (22 ACT math score)*
- Must be a legal resident of Georgia
*It is recommended that the SAT I test be taken no later than March of the sophomore year (for juniors planning to enroll in Accel) or March of the junior year (for seniors planning to enroll).
The first step for enrolling in the Accel Program is to meet with your high school counselor. After eligibility is determined, the student must submit the following to the Darton State College Office of Admissions:
- Completed ACCEL Program application form* (Must be completed online at www.gacollege411.org)
- Completed Darton State College application for admission along with the non-refundable $20 application fee and immunization form
- An official copy of the high school transcript showing GPA and credits to date
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or ACT Assessment scores
*A new Accel application must be submitted for each semester.
For more information and an Accel application, visit GA College 411 at www.gacollege411.org.
For additional questions about the program or how to apply, contact the Darton State College Director of Admissions, Susan Bowen, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (229) 317-6747 or toll-free 1-866-775-1214.