Darton State College Admissions | Verification of Lawful Presence
Verification of Lawful Presence
The Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia (USG) has recently instituted new policies that affect all applicants who seek in state tuition at USG institutions. According to USG policy, individuals who apply for Fall 2011 and beyond must submit documentation of US citizenship or permanent residency before being considered for in-state tuition.
BOR Policy 4.3.4 “Each University System Institution shall verify the lawful presence in the United States of every successfully admitted person applying for resident tuition status (in-state tuition).”
The following documents serve as proof of lawful presence in the United States. One of the following is required before you are eligible for in-state tuition.
- A Certified U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. territory. A photocopy provided by the student is not acceptable.
- A U.S. Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570).
- A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561).
- A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240).
- A current U.S. Passport.
- A current Driver’s License/ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008. A limited term license or a license issued for a period of less than two years is not acceptable.
- A current military ID (service member only, not dependent). Documented using the Confirmation of Review of Military ID Worksheet – A photocopy is not acceptable
- A current, valid Permanent Resident Card (USCIS form I-151 or I-551)
This is NOT a requirement for admission to Darton State College however; you MUST provide this information prior to your registering and enrolling for classes.