Darton State College Admissions Requirements | ACCEL Program
The ACCEL Program provides an opportunity for academically talented high school students from eligible Georgia high schools to begin earning a college degree while simultaneously pursuing a high school diploma. The program offers financial assistance for participants through the HOPE Scholarship. All hours taken and paid for by the ACCEL Program will not be counted in the combined paid-hours limit for the Hope Scholarship.
Minimum admissions requirements for the ACCEL Program are as follows:
- Must be a legal resident of Georgia.
- High school academic GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Completion of all of the academic requirements of the 10th grade.
- Students must also submit ACT or SAT test scores that meet the following minimum standards.
|Test||Combined CR and Math (SAT)
Composite Score (ACT)
|Critical Reading (SAT)
How to apply for the ACCEL program
The first step for enrolling in the ACCEL Program is to meet with your high school counselor. After eligibility is determined, the student must submit the following to the Darton State College Office of Admissions:
- Completed ACCEL Program application form* (Must be completed online at www.gacollege411.org)
- Completed Darton State College application for admission along with the non-refundable $20 application fee and immunization form
- An official copy of the high school transcript showing GPA and credits to date
- An official copy of Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or ACT Assessment scores
- Satisfaction of Verification of Lawful Presence.
*A new ACCEL application must be submitted each semester of enrollment.
For more information and an Accel application, visit GA College 411 at www.gacollege411.org.
For additional questions about the program or how to apply, contact Kristin Speegle in the Darton State College Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (229) 317-6942 or toll-free 1-866-775-1214. Questions may also be directed to Amy Foster, ACCEL program coordinator, at email@example.com or (229) 317-6506.
ALL APPLICANTS: All beginning students (freshman, transfers, etc.) attending regularly scheduled classes or receiving resident credit must submit a Certificate of Immunization for measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, Hep. series, and TD prior to attending classes.
BOR Policy 4.3.4 “Each University System Institution shall verify the lawful presence in the United States of every successfully admitted person applying for resident tuition status (in-state tuition).”
This is not a requirement for admission to Darton State College, however you MUST provide this information prior to your registering and enrolling for classes.