Darton State College Admissions Requirements | Freshman Admissions
Beginning Freshman Applicants
Students applying for admission to Darton State College are evaluated on their academic performance in their high school College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) courses/GED Test scores, SAT or ACT test scores, and ACT Compass® placement exam scores.
- A properly completed application for admission and a $20 non-refundable application fee.
- An official high school transcript and /or GED scores
- An official copy of SAT or ACT scores (Unless you are a homeschool graduate, test scores are not required for admission; however, scores may be used to exempt placement testing)
- A copy of ACT Compass® Placement Exam scores (If applicable)
- An immunization form
Students graduating from high school before 2012 must have the following High School Grade Point Average (HSGPA):
- Students graduating with a College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) Diploma must have a 2.00 HSGPA calculated on the grades in the 16 required units of the CPC.
- Students graduating with a Technical/Career Program (TCP) Diploma must have a 2.20 HSGPA calculated on the grades in the 12 academic units of the TCP.
Students graduating from high school 2012 or later must have the following HSGPA:
- Students graduating with a College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) Diploma must have a 2.00 HSGPA calculated on the grades in the 17 required units of the CPC.
- Students graduating with a Technical/Career Program (TCP) Diploma must have a 2.20 HSGPA calculated on the grades in the 13 academic units of the TCP.
|English||4||Grammar & Usage
|Mathematics||4||Two years of Algebra
Two lab sciences
|Foreign Language||2||Two courses in the same language|
Applicants who do not take the SAT and/or ACT, or who score below 430 SAT verbal (17 ACT English) or 400 SAT math (17 ACT math) on the national SAT/ACT, must take the ACT Compass® Placement Examination to determine whether Learning Support course work is required.
ALL APPLICANTS: All beginning students (freshman, transfers, etc.) attending regularly scheduled classes or receiving resident credit must submit a Certificate of Immunization for measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, Hep. series, and TD prior to attending classes.
BOR Policy 4.3.4 “Each University System Institution shall verify the lawful presence in the United States of every successfully admitted person applying for resident tuition status (in-state tuition).”
This is not a requirement for admission to Darton State College, however you MUST provide this information prior to your registering and enrolling for classes.