Darton State College Admissions Requirements | International Student on Student Visa
International Student on Student Visa
Applicants who are on Student Visa must complete the following requirements:
- Application and non-refundable $20 application fee
- International Application
- Official copy of high school transcript (translated into English)
- Official copy of transcript(s) from all college(s) previously attended (translated into English)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores if English is your second language and if the language of all instruction throughout the secondary school was not in English. (Please use TOEFL Institution Code 5026 for Darton State College.) You may submit SAT or ACT scores in lieu of TOEFL. The institutional ACT is available at Darton State College. Please contact our Testing Center at (229) 317-6735. Students who have completed the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) may submit their IELTS scores as a substitute for the TOEFL scores.
- ACT Compass® Placement Test and/or ESOL Placement Test, if required.
- Official Financial Statement
- Financial Affidavit if the financial statement is not in the applicant’s name
- Immunization form*
- Copy of I-94, Visa, or other immigration documents. If you are already in the U.S., send a copy of your passport, visa, and I-94 card (DHS Departure Record). If you are currently attending school, you must also submit a copy of your I-20
*If you are taking online courses only, you may fill out the top of the form, sign the online disclaimer at the bottom, and submit the form; however, if you ever decide to take on-campus classes, you must submit the completed immunization form.
ALL APPLICANTS: All beginning students (freshman, transfers, etc.) attending regularly scheduled classes or receiving resident credit must submit a Certificate of Immunization for measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, Hep. series, and TD prior to attending classes.
BOR Policy 4.3.4 “Each University System Institution shall verify the lawful presence in the United States of every successfully admitted person applying for resident tuition status (in-state tuition).”
This is not a requirement for admission to Darton State College, however you MUST provide this information prior to your registering and enrolling for classes.