Darton State College Admissions - Move on When Ready (MOWR)
Move on When Ready (MOWR)
- The Move on When Ready Act permits 11th and 12th grade students to leave their assigned high schools and attend postsecondary institutions full-time to earn course credit that will apply towards high school graduation and college.
- The Move on When Ready program is intended as another option (not a replacement) for 11th and 12th graders, in addition to other dual enrollment programs.
- The Move on When Ready program is only available to students who are legal residents of Georgia, entering the 11th or 12th grade, and who spent the prior year (two consecutive semesters) in attendance at a Georgia public high school.
Minimum admissions requirements for the MOWR program are as follows:
- Must be a legal resident of Georgia.
- High school academic GPA of 3.4 or higher in academic courses only.
- Completion of all of the academic requirements of the 10th grade.
- Be on track for college preparatory diploma and on track to complete high school graduation requirements
- Gain approval from your high school guidance counselor and parents
- Students must also submit ACT or SAT test scores that meet the following minimum standards.
|Test||Critical Reading (SAT) / English (ACT)||Math|
MOWR Application Process
Talk with your high school counselor to be sure you are eligible. After eligibility is determined, the student must submit the following to the Darton State College Office of Admissions:
- A copy of the Permission to Participate form, signed by the high school guidance counselor, parent(s), and student
- The MOWR Participation Guidance Checklist.
- Completed Darton State College application for admission along with the non-refundable $20 application fee and immunization form
- An official copy of the high school transcript showing GPA and credits to date
- An official copy of SAT or ACT scores
- Satisfaction of Verification of Lawful Presence.
All documents must be received by the application deadline.
- Fall – July 15
- Spring – Students will only be accepted once a year in the fall semester
For additional questions about the program or how to apply, contact the Darton State College Director of Admissions, Susan Bowen, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (229) 317-6747 or toll-free 1-866-775-1214. Questions may also be directed to Amy Foster, MOWR program coordinator, at email@example.com or (229) 317-6506.
ALL APPLICANTS: All beginning students (freshman, transfers, etc.) attending regularly scheduled classes or receiving resident credit must submit a Certificate of Immunization for measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, Hep. series, and TD prior to attending classes.
BOR Policy 4.3.4 “Each University System Institution shall verify the lawful presence in the United States of every successfully admitted person applying for resident tuition status (in-state tuition).”
This is not a requirement for admission to Darton State College, however you MUST provide this information prior to your registering and enrolling for classes.