Darton State College Administration
» Business & Finance
The Purchasing Department, located in Building K, Room 204, is the official purchasing agent for Darton College. The department is responsible for procuring affordable, quality equipment, supplies, and services in a timely manner in compliance with State and Federal laws, as well as the Department of Administrative Services State Purchasing and Board of Regents regulations.
Be sure to check our Purchasing Tips below.
Our staff consists of experienced professionals trained to assist departmental personnel in areas such as vendor selection, product availability, current prices, and purchasing rules and regulations.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.,
Georgia Procurement Manual
Follow these guidelines when checking for product availability.
1.) Is the item offered through Central Stores?
2.) No? Is the item on a Statewide
3.) After you have checked these sources, you are free to choose any vendor capable of supplying the product. Please be advised that the Governor issued an Executive Order to use minority vendors whenever possible. A member of a minority is defined as an individual who is a member of a race which comprises less than 50 percent of the total population of the State of Georgia. For more minority information, contact the State of Georgia Office of Small and Minority Businesses.
Now you are ready to type your requisition to the Purchasing Department. To aid in the expedition of your purchase request, please remember:
- Always give the vendor's name, address, telephone number, and fax number.
- Be sure to use the accurate budget number.
- Check that your budget number corresponds correctly with your requisition number.
- Get appropriate signatures as follows:
$.01 - $1499.99 requires the Budget Head's Signature
$1500.00 - $1999.99 requires the Budget Head and Executive Council Member's signatures
$2000.00 and up requires the Budget Head, Executive Council Member, Vice President of Business & Financial Services, and President's signatures.
- ALWAYS any purchase requisition over $25,000.00 must be put out for bid. Department should furnish with the Purchase Requisition detailed specifications regarding the service(s) or product(s). This should accompany your Purchase Requisition.
- Software, computer related equipment, and technology associated items must have EDP approval from Tracy Cosper,
Technology Services Division.
- All printing jobs or any form or writing paper must be 30% or more recycled paper content. Please indicate the percentage on your purchase requisition.