Direct Parent PLUS Loan Application Instructions
To complete a Direct PLUS Loan Request, parent will need:
Federal Student Aid PIN
- Parent must sign in using their own Federal Student Aid PIN to complete Direct PLUS Loan Requests.
If you do not have a Federal Student Aid PIN, visit www.pin.ed.gov.
- Permanent Address
- Mailing address (if different from permanent address)
- Telephone Number
- Email address
- Alien Registration Number (id you are an eligible non-citizen)
- Employer Name
- Employer Address
- Student first name, middle initial and last name
- Student social security number
- Student date of birth
- Student address
- Student telephone number
- Student required to have completed FAFSA
If you have previously completed either a Direct Loan MPN or a Direct PLUS Loan Request, some of this information may be populated for you. You should review all populated information carefully for accuracy.
For application logon to www.studentloans.gov, enter with parent’s name, social, birth date and PIN. Click Request Direct PLUS Loan on left side toolbar. Follow above instructions. Once submitted, Darton State College will receive PLUS application within 48 hours.