Skip Navigation

Darton State College

Darton State College Financial Aid | Federal, State & Other types of Aid

Home  » Administration  » Financial Aid

Types of Financial Aid

Federal Aid

Federal Pell Grant
- Largest federal aid program; based on need

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Limited funds for students with exceptional need

Federal Work-Study (FWS)
- Opportunity to earn financial aid through work; based on need

Federal Stafford Student Loans
- Subsidized loans - based on need; government pays interest while student is in school, during six months after student stops attending, and during periods of authorized deferment
- Unsubsidized loans - available to all students regardless of need; student is responsible for all interest which accrues during in-school, grace and deferment periods.

Federal PLUS Loans
- Parent loan

State Aid

HOPE Scholarship Program*
- Available to degree-seeking students with 3.0 or higher GPA

HOPE Grant Program*
- Available to certificate-seeking students

*For complete eligibility requirements for HOPE Scholarship and HOPE Grant see:
GA College 411 - Helping Students Plan, Apply and Pay for College

Other types of Financial Aid Available

Responsible Department: Financial Aid
Content Contact: Haley Hooks (web representative)
Department Head: Haley Hooks
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.