The Office of Military and Adult Education promotes college completion for adult learners and military students by providing student support services that enhance and compliment the academic experience. Through information and referral, outreach, and opportunities for involvement, the Office of Military and Adult Education strives to provide a supportive and educational environment that fosters student success and achievement of higher education goals.
The Office of Military and Adult Education provides:
- individually-tailored resource and referral for adult learners and military students, to include active-duty, reservists, veterans, and family members.
- student support resource guidance, to include internal and external resources.
- educational benefits counseling, to include Veterans Affairs (VA) educational benefits as well as Tuition Assistance (TA) guidance.
- assistance navigating financial opportunities, including the Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) and other scholarships specific to adult and military populations.
- veteran students with employment opportunities, as supported by the VA Work Study Program.
- student involvement and leadership opportunities, as well as community service opportunities, though the advisement of the Military Student Organization.
- outreach efforts to increase awareness and utilization of the office.
- education to the larger Darton community on the experience of our military and adult students, as well as resources to support the military and adult student population.
- Darton faculty, staff, and students an opportunity to influence policy and procedure as it pertains to military students via the Darton State College Military Outreach Committee.
- adult learners and military students an opportunity to attain college credit for learning that may have occurred outside of a college classroom through the facilitation of a range of Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) options.
- communication using online media.
- a response to student, faculty, staff, and public issues in a timely and professional manner.
The Office of Military and Adult Education department is responsible for the information on this page.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact Director of Military and Adult Education.
Last Update: July 30, 2015 12:47 PM
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.