- Alumni Board member Wes Sadler greets graduate.
- Alumni Board Treasurer Frank Lamb informing a graduate about the alumni association.
- Left to right: Lindsay Snow, Frank Lamb, Wes Sadler, Phil Canon.
- Jessica Word ’12 and Dani Shemery
- ...showing off their matching license plate covers.
- At Austin’s FireGrill
- From Left to Right: Travis Walk ’06, La’Quata Sumter ’07 and Krista Monk ’09
- From Left to Right: Lindsay Snow ’05 and Beth Hicks
- From Left to Right: Wes Sadler ’92, Casey Perkins ’08 and Lindsay Snow ’05
- Several of our International Students
- Members of the Nursing Division
- Alumni artists Krista Dixon ’06 and Alex Daughety ’13 at the Clay Spot social.
- Alumni volunteers Kizzie Richard, La’Quata Sumter, Kim Council help students move in to the dorms.
- Adrienne Lashley and Sara Cornwall welcome students and their families on Move-In Day
|A Message from the New Alumni Board President|
Barbara McLendon is one of Darton’s biggest cheerleaders. For more than 20 years, she has dedicated her time to serving Darton State College – both in the classroom and as an alumnus.
Mrs. McLendon started her college career at Darton State College as a nontraditional student; a stay at home mother with three young daughters. While at Darton she juggled her household and a family business, and still graduated with a 3.88 GPA. Upon graduating from Darton, she continued her education completing both her bachelor’s and master’s degree in education. Mrs. McLendon came back to Darton to teach part-time as an instructor of mathematics and worked her way up to associate professor of mathematics, where she remained until her retirement in 2008.
|Have you received this postcard?||Membership is a gift of Education|
The alumni association has been working hard to connect with Cavaliers this past year. 29,000 of these postcards have been mailed calling Cavaliers to action. We need you to connect with the alumni association by 'liking' us Facebook and by updating your contact information. Alumni are the key to a strong future for Darton State College. Please be sure we have your correct contact info by updating it here. We need YOU!
Partner with us by joining the Alumni Association. Joining the Alumni Association for a small gift of $35 or giving to the Annual Fund says that you recognize the positive impact Darton had in shaping your future. Each membership is a gift of education through scholarships for current and new students, and helps us grow even more by supporting Darton’s growth as a four year institution. As a member of the association we invite you to come to events, volunteer on a committee, or as an Alumni Board member. It’s a great group of people to be involved in – we’re all Cavaliers!