Cavalier Early Alert
The goal of Cavalier Early Alert is to provide opportunities for students to enhance their chances for academic success
Cavalier Early Alert is in place to permit faculty to give a warning to students who:
- Do poorly on their first test
- Are habitually tardy to class
- Miss classes for no apparent reason
- Don’t turn in assignments or participate in class discussions
- Other reasons which place students in academic jeopardy.
Students who are not performing satisfactorily are referred to the Student Success Center or other student services on campus where tutoring, labs, or workshops may be advised. Students who may be experiencing other problems which contribute to their poor performance may be referred to the Counseling Center.
When students are referred, the First Year Experience Office will:
- Send a letter to the students detailing the classes in which they are struggling (C or below) and resources available to them.
- Encourage students to set up an appointment with the First Year Experience coordinator to discuss their options.
- Refer struggling students to the services on campus that best fit that students needs