Division of Student Affairs
Announcement from the VP of Student Affairs
Welcome new and returning Cavaliers to Darton State College!
It is my hope that you will invest in your academic success, grow personally, and fully engage in the life of the college during your time at Darton State College (DSC). However we both know that this is only possible if you personally commit to your studies.
Darton offers strong academic programs and enriched student life. As a member of the college community, you will have many opportunities to discover your strengths and abilities; investigate new opportunities to confirm that you are on the right path; experience quality course work and networking to help you sharpen your credentials and knowledge; and most importantly achieve your degree and/or pursue your dream career.
I want to encourage you to make every effort to get involved and connect with your fellow students, faculty and staff as we are all here to guide you through Your Cavalier Experience.
Over the next two weeks, we have planned Weeks of Welcome to properly greet and acclimate you to campus. Please use these activities as an opportunity to meet new friends, connect with faculty and staff, and engage in a variety of programs and activities.
I hope you will take advantage of every opportunity to enhance your experience at Darton State College, challenge yourself academically, make good choices socially, and be open to learning from students whose backgrounds and interests are different from yours.
Best wishes for a successful college career!
Interim Vice President for Student Affairs
The Division of Student Affairs delivers quality customer service through three focus areas: (1) Enrollment Management, (2) Center for Student Success, and (3) Student Life.
Enrollment Management’s primary focus is student services. The team members work together to plan and implement recruitment, progression, and graduation strategies of students. This division includes the Office of Admissions, Dual Enrollment (ACCEL), the Office of Financial Aid, Records & Registration, and the Testing Center.
The Center for Student Success identifies and implements academic programs that support progress toward graduation and enriched student experiences. The Center includes Advising, Peer Tutoring, Career Development, Counseling, Disability Services, the International Student Program, the Office of Military and Adult Education, and Minority Advising Programs.
Student Life strives to engage students in active learning and leadership that enhances classroom experiences while maintaining exceptional auxiliaries to accommodate the needs of the college community. Student Life includes the Office of the Dean of Students, Campus Life (Student Activities), Service-Learning & Civic Engagement, Housing & Residence Life, and Evening Operations.
The mission of the Division of Student Affairs at Darton State College is to engage students in student-centered learning experiences that foster academic and personal success. The members of the division collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to create welcoming, supportive, and challenging environments that facilitate personal excellence, celebrate differences, and promote civic and community engagement.
We work with faculty and staff to ensure that student success is our top priority.
- Knowledge by supporting and encouraging students in their academic pursuits by helping them identify and pursue lifelong learning opportunities and guiding them toward their passion. We value knowledge by supporting and encouraging staff members in their professional development goals.
- Integrity is the moral compass by which we act with fairness, behave with sincerity, and follow through with honesty.
- Accountability of our staff through program assessment and evaluation and efficiency in process management. We value the accountability of students through the promotion of student honor codes.
- Civility because we view self-respect and consideration for diverse perspectives, cultural differences, varied preferences, and different worldviews as the foundation for everything we do.
- Diversity as it increases the depth and breadth of the discussion, thus leading to better results.
- Collaboration to create, promote, and build partnerships between faculty, staff, students, and external constituents. We continually build relationships and partnerships with our local, state, and global communities to provide exceptional service.
Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Biennial Report
- Clery Report
- Division of Student Affairs Annual Report