Darton State College Student Affairs
Division of Student Affairs
- Jan 6
- Regular & A-Term Classes Begin
- Jan 8
- Drop/Add Day
(10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- Jan 18
- Martin Luther King Day College closed
- Jan 20
- Financial Aid Check Dispersal
- Feb 2
- Last day to drop A-Term classes
- Feb 16
- B-Term Registration (10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
- Feb 16
- Fees are due
- Feb 26
- A-Term Last day of classes
- Feb 29
- A-Term Finals
- Feb 29
- Last day to drop (Full-Term class without academic penalty)
- Mar 1
- B-Term Begins
- Mar 25
- Last day to drop B-Term classes (without academic penalty)
- Apr 3-10
- Spring Break
- Apr 18-22
- Summer & Fall Advising/Early Registration (for currently enrolled students)
- Apr 27
- Last day of scheduled classes (last day to drop Full-Term and B-Term classes with penalty)
- May 3
- Finals Full Term B-Term
- May 4
- Fees Due
- May 4
- Health Sciences Pinning at 3:00 p.m.
- May 4
- Nursing Pinning at 4:30 p.m.
- May 4
- Commencement at 7:00 p.m.
The Division of Student Affairs delivers quality customer service through three focus areas: (1) Enrollment Management, (2) Center for Student Success, and (3) Student Life.
Enrollment Management’s primary focus is student services. The team members work together to plan and implement recruitment, progression, and graduation strategies of students. This division includes the Office of Admissions, Dual Enrollment (ACCEL), the Office of Financial Aid, Records & Registration, and the Testing Center.
The Center for Student Success identifies and implements academic programs that support progress toward graduation and enriched student experiences. The Center includes Advising, Peer Tutoring, Career Development, Counseling, Disability Services, the International Student Program, the Office of Military and Adult Education, and Minority Advising Programs.
Student Life strives to engage students in active learning and leadership that enhances classroom experiences while maintaining exceptional auxiliaries to accommodate the needs of the college community. Student Life includes the Office of the Dean of Students, Campus Life (Student Activities), Service-Learning & Civic Engagement, Housing & Residence Life, and Evening Operations.
The mission of the Division of Student Affairs at Darton State College is to engage students in student-centered learning experiences that foster academic and personal success. The members of the division collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to create welcoming, supportive, and challenging environments that facilitate personal excellence, celebrate differences, and promote civic and community engagement.
We work with faculty and staff to ensure that student success is our top priority.
- Knowledge by supporting and encouraging students in their academic pursuits by helping them identify and pursue lifelong learning opportunities and guiding them toward their passion. We value knowledge by supporting and encouraging staff members in their professional development goals.
- Integrity is the moral compass by which we act with fairness, behave with sincerity, and follow through with honesty.
- Accountability of our staff through program assessment and evaluation and efficiency in process management. We value the accountability of students through the promotion of student honor codes.
- Civility because we view self-respect and consideration for diverse perspectives, cultural differences, varied preferences, and different worldviews as the foundation for everything we do.
- Diversity as it increases the depth and breadth of the discussion, thus leading to better results.
- Collaboration to create, promote, and build partnerships between faculty, staff, students, and external constituents. We continually build relationships and partnerships with our local, state, and global communities to provide exceptional service.
Student Rights & Responsibilities
The Student Affairs department is responsible for the information on this page.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact .
Last Update: June 22, 2016 4:23 PM
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.