Darton State College Student Affairs
Division of Student Affairs
Announcement from the VP of Student Affairs
The goal of the civility campaign is to heighten our awareness of the relationship between our personal and professional conduct and the quality of campus life. What we do and say always has an effect on others, whether we see it or not. Civility means more than just holding the door open for someone or respecting campus facilities and grounds. It means consistently treating people with consideration and respect. When our behavior is guided by concern for others in our community, we are being civil.
We are asking all members of Darton State College to embrace civility to one another and to find their True North. True North refers to the members of the Darton community following their internal compass. We as members of the civility committee will be using True North as our guiding principle just as we ask that the campus uses it as theirs. Please look for our North Star logo on flyers and posters to remind our community about keeping their heading towards True North.
Please look for our True North tagline on our events throughout the semester.
Dean of Students and Director of Housing & Residence Life
The Division of Student Affairs delivers quality customer service through three focus areas: (1) Enrollment Management, (2) Center for Student Success, and (3) Student Life.
Enrollment Management’s primary focus is student services. The team members work together to plan and implement recruitment, progression, and graduation strategies of students. This division includes the Office of Admissions, Dual Enrollment (ACCEL), the Office of Financial Aid, Records & Registration, and the Testing Center.
The Center for Student Success identifies and implements academic programs that support progress toward graduation and enriched student experiences. The Center includes Advising, Peer Tutoring, Career Development, Counseling, Disability Services, the International Student Program, the Office of Military and Adult Education, and Minority Advising Programs.
Student Life strives to engage students in active learning and leadership that enhances classroom experiences while maintaining exceptional auxiliaries to accommodate the needs of the college community. Student Life includes the Office of the Dean of Students, Campus Life (Student Activities), Service-Learning & Civic Engagement, Housing & Residence Life, and Evening Operations.
The mission of the Division of Student Affairs at Darton State College is to engage students in student-centered learning experiences that foster academic and personal success. The members of the division collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to create welcoming, supportive, and challenging environments that facilitate personal excellence, celebrate differences, and promote civic and community engagement.
We work with faculty and staff to ensure that student success is our top priority.
- Knowledge by supporting and encouraging students in their academic pursuits by helping them identify and pursue lifelong learning opportunities and guiding them toward their passion. We value knowledge by supporting and encouraging staff members in their professional development goals.
- Integrity is the moral compass by which we act with fairness, behave with sincerity, and follow through with honesty.
- Accountability of our staff through program assessment and evaluation and efficiency in process management. We value the accountability of students through the promotion of student honor codes.
- Civility because we view self-respect and consideration for diverse perspectives, cultural differences, varied preferences, and different worldviews as the foundation for everything we do.
- Diversity as it increases the depth and breadth of the discussion, thus leading to better results.
- Collaboration to create, promote, and build partnerships between faculty, staff, students, and external constituents. We continually build relationships and partnerships with our local, state, and global communities to provide exceptional service.
Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Biennial Report
- Clery Report
- Division of Student Affairs Annual Report