ONLINE REGISTRATION IS…
Widespread. A growing number of Darton students are using the web to register themselves for classes. All students who have declared a major, have completed Learning Support classes, and have met with their advisor are eligible to register online.
Easy. You’ll need your ID number and password (so you can get into Banner) and an online disclaimer form from your advisor. A helpful tutorial available from the Darton home page will show you how to register yourself.
Beneficial. Web registration saves you time and stress.
Not sure how to Register on the web?
Take the Web Registration Tutorial to find out how!
For more information about web registration, see your advisor or call 317-6865. Web registration opens Monday July 2nd for the fall 2012 semesters. Enjoy your Spring Break and come back ready to register!
Additional information about Registration can be found on the
Registration Procedures page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: When does pre-registration start for Fall 2012 classes?
- A: Advising and pre-registration for currently enrolled students is July 9 – 12. Advisors will be available Monday and Tuesday 8 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. and Wednesday and Thursday 8 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Q: May I pre-register over the internet?
- A: Yes, if you have declared a major, have completed Learning Support classes, and have signed the online disclaimer form with your advisor.
- Q: When does web registration open?
- A: Monday July 2nd
- Q: How do I pre-register online?
- A: Make an appointment with your assigned academic advisor. Talk with him or her about what classes to take and ask him/her to sign an online disclaimer form and release the advising hold. You will also need to sign the disclaimer form. If you have already signed the disclaimer, go ahead and register!
- Q: How do I know who your assigned advisor is?
- A: Look on the Darton website. Click on Current Students. Next, click on Find Your Advisor. Click on Student Directory. Type your name. Click "submit" and the name of your advisor and contact information will appear.
- Q: Why is it called pre-registration instead of just registration?
- A: Registration is not complete until fees are paid. Fees for fall classes are due by July 26 or classes will be dropped.
- Q: What else should I do?
- A: If you have financial aid, you may want to check with a financial aid counselor and make sure that everything you sign up for will be covered for summer. Apply for financial aid for fall if you have not done so. Also, go to the Darton website and review the helpful web registration tutorial.
- Q: Is there more I should do to get ready?
- A: Go to the Darton website. On the home page, click on Class Schedules. Do a class schedule search and find what classes will be offered this spring. Look at your program of study in the Darton catalog and choose appropriate classes that will help you reach your goals. Write down the days, times, and five-digit course reference number (CRN) for each class you want to take. Spring course reference numbers all start with "5" and fall course reference numbers start with an "8." Choose a Plan A schedule and a Plan B schedule in case classes are full. Note: A newspaper schedule of courses is also available.
- Q: Who can I talk with if I have other questions about pre-registration or about web registration?
- A: Talk with your assigned advisor, call the Advising Center at 317-6865, or go to the Advising Center upstairs in C building (the Student Center).