Darton State College Testing Center | Placement Testing Q & A
Placement Testing Q & A
A computerized adaptive test required of applicants who do not meet compass placement exemptions.
- Acceptance of Admission to Darton – if minimum acceptable scores are earned
- Placement into or exemption from Learning Support classes if scores are above required minimums
Reading, writing/English (with grammar), and algebra. You are not required to write an essay; you will find and correct errors on a test essay.
Absolutely. Serious study produces higher scores than no study at all. Suggested preparation links are available at http://www.darton.edu/current/testing/links.php.
If you are required to test, you are allowed two attempts. Attempts at other schools may be counted. More information is available at http://www.darton.edu/current/testing/retest.php.
The answer depends on:
- SAT or ACT scores if earned and when earned
- Scores on the English Language Arts section of the Georgia High School Graduation Test
- Whether or not you graduated with a college preparatory diploma
- When you graduated from high school
- Whether or not or when you attended another college
If you are returning to Darton, Records will advise you of your test requirements.
If you are an applicant for first time admission to Darton, the Admissions Office will advise you of your test requirements.
Carefully read communications from either office.
Further information is available at http://www.darton.edu/current/testing/exempt.php
Testing may be arranged:
- closer to your home
- out of state
- at the Cordele campus
- at the Albany campus
If you are an applicant and have been advised of which parts of the test you should take, begin test registration. No matter where you live, click on the large yellow Placement Test Register Now icon at http://www.darton.edu/current/testing/compass.php. Information and links on each screen are important. Testing staff will contact applicants who fill out the Remote & Off-Camus Placement Request Form. Be sure to enter all phone numbers.
Scroll down at http://www.darton.edu/current/testing/compass.php.
- Your first step to becoming a Darton student is to submit your application for admission months before you wish to begin.
- If information is mailed to you, read it.
- If you are a returning student, immediately contact the Records Office at 229-317-6742.
- Save yourself some time. Look for information at www.darton.edu. A search box is in the upper right corner.
- If you are still in high school, take your studies seriously.
- Do not delay any steps required to become a Darton student.
Remember: Darton is a tobacco-free campus.
The Testing Center department is responsible for the information on this page.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact Debbie Beaty
Building G, Room 101
Last Update: August 20, 2015 2:09 PM
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.