Darton State College Faculty & Staff
Darton State College
Policies and Procedures
General Computer Lab Rules
- The Darton College computer lab is for students currently enrolled at Darton. To use the Darton College computer lab, you must possess a current student ID card. It is against policy for you to let another person borrow your ID Card to gain access to the computer lab. If violated, Your Card Will Be Confiscated.
- Your Darton College ID Card must be presented when requested by a Lab Technician.
- Keep your passwords to yourself. Change your password right away if you think someone else may know it.
- The computer lab is for academic purposes. Therefore, a quiet atmosphere is required. Noisy students will be asked to leave.
- Computer Lab Assistants are available to assist with BASIC computer and software problems. They are not tutors and will not tell you how to complete your assignments.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the computer lab.
- The use of cell phones is prohibited in the computer lab. Cell phone usage in the computer lab is distracting to other students and instructors trying to work. Please take your calls outside. We also ask that you put your cell phone on vibrate mode.
- Computer games are not to be played in the lab unless the games are required for a Darton assignment.
- Unauthorized copying and/or installing of unauthorized software is not permitted. This may be a violation of copyright laws.
- Tampering with the hardware or software settings will not be tolerated.
- Students found Internet surfing or chatting for personal reasons may be asked to leave. Preference is given to students doing course work over those engaged in personal computer use.
- Personal files are not to be stored on the local drive C. Students are responsible for providing their own means of digital storage. All lab computers are set up to remove any data stored or any programs installed by users.
- Children and friends of students are not allowed in the computer lab. The computer lab is an adult learning environment, and is not suitable or safe for children. Friends and relatives can stay in the library.
- DO NOT leave your personal belongings at the computer. Darton College is not responsible for items left behind.
- Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Disruptive students will be asked to leave and Public Safety may be called in such situations.
- Viewing and printing pornographic images is not acceptable or permitted.
- Sleeping in the lab is not permitted.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED RULES MAY
RESULT IN THE SUSPENSION OF LAB PRIVILEGES
A misinterpretation of these policies on your part does not constitute an excuse for improper action.
Failure to adhere to the rules may result in any or all of the following:
- Revocation of computer account privileges
- Referral to the Dean of Students
- Suspension from the Computer Lab for a period deemed by OIT Director or Dean of Students.
- Criminal charges (if any laws have been broken).
All disciplinary action taken will be in accordance with policies of Darton College and the University System of Georgia as well as the laws of the State of Georgia.
The Legal Affairs department is responsible for the information on this page.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact Email: the Legal Affairs department.
Last Update: June 8, 2016 5:57 PM
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.