Darton State College

Darton State College Faculty & Staff

Home  » Faculty and Staff  » Policies & Procedures  » Policies

Darton State College
Policies and Procedures

Immunization Policy

Immunization Policy

All new students (first-year, transfers, and others) attending regularly scheduled classes or receiving resident credit will be required to submit a Certificate of Immunization (measles, mumps, rubella, Tetanus-Diphtheria, Varicella, and Hepatitis B) prior to attending such classes. The certificate will be kept on file at the institution and will be valid throughout the tenure of the student. Persons covered by this policy who were born prior to January 1, 1957, must show evidence of immunity for rubella (date must be after June 6, 1969). For all other students, evidence must be provided of MMR immunity (date must be after 1970) or separate immunizations for measles (after March 4, 1963), mumps (after April 22, 1971) and rubella (after June 9, 1969).Tetanus-Diphtheria must have a completed series within the past 10 years prior to matriculation. Varicella is required for all foreign born students and U.S. students born after 1980. Hepatitis V is required for all students 18 years of age or younger.

Except for students who have religious objections and students whose physicians have certified that they cannot be immunized because of medical reasons, students who have not presented evidence of immunization as set forth above will be prevented from registering to the College or other facilities of the University System until such time as they present the required immunization certification.

Distance learning students who receive instruction solely via a medium that does not require physical attendance on a University System campus or off campus site (i.e., students who receive instruction via electronic media, correspondence) may be exempt from the immunization requirement. This exemption becomes void if the student registers for or attends classes on any University System campus or off-campus site.

Any student living on-campus or enrolled in specific majors may be required to submit additional certificates of immunization.

Certificate of Immunization forms are available for download at the Admissions Center web pages (http://www.darton.edu/admin/admissions/).

Revised: August 31, 2014

Return to the previous page.

The Legal Affairs department is responsible for the information on this page.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact Email: the Legal Affairs department.

Last Update: June 8, 2016 5:57 PM

The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.