Working Title: Assistant Facilities Manager
Department: Physical Education
This position will assist with the daily management, operation, and monitoring of Darton College’s Physical Education/Athletics/Wellness Complex.
Nature of Work:
This is a highly visible position and requires strong organizational, communication, management, and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists both the Athletic Director and Chair of the Division of Physical Education with the scheduling and monitoring of the Physical Education/Athletics/Wellness Complex.
- Supervises selected work-study students assigned to the Physical Education/Athletics/Wellness Complex.
- Collects and deposits funds from revenue-producing activities and events.
- Facilitates and works with internal and external users of the Physical Education/Athletics/Wellness Complex.
- Assists with processes related to student athletes.
- Supervises the Open Recreation Gym for students.
- Assist with Student Activities held in the Recreation Gym.
- Assist in overseeing/set-up of any catering/food service events scheduled in the Physical Education/Athletics/Wellness Complex.
- Assists the Senior Walking Program with Registration and Orientations.
- Event Manager Program Coordinator/Schedules and Monitors the Physical Education/Athletics Wellness Complex.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office software Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to maintain administrative, fiscal and academic records, some of which are confidential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with institution officials, administrators, and employees.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Two-year associate degree required.
- Four year degree in Business or Physical Education preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
This position reports to the PE Department Chair.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.