Working Title: Fitness Center Director
Department: Physical Education
Darton College Fitness Center's staff is responsible for the safety and well being of individuals using the entire facility.
Nature of Work:
This position will require being alert at all times; preventing situations that may result in accidents or injury; and enforce facility rules and regulations. Good public relations skills must be exhibited at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise all activity while stressing safety and proper use of the equipment.
- Supervise, schedule and evaluate Fitness Monitors and Student Assistants.
- Assist with developing and evaluating fitness and wellness courses.
- Teach courses in physical education
- Maintain a high profile to promote user interactions; counsel users and answer fitness and wellness questions as needed.
- Assist in the purchase and maintenance of the Center and equipment
- Maintain cleanliness of the facility.
- Good public relations skills must be exhibited at all times. No reading or studying will be allowed while on duty.
- Provide first aid in emergency situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- CPR Certification
- Commitment to excellence in teaching at the two-year college level
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Computer Literate
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in exercise science, physical education or appropriate field
- Previous experience in supervising a fitness facility preferred
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.