Working Title: Accounting Clerk
This is routine accounting work in the maintenance of accounting and fiscal records for payroll.
Nature of Work:
Work requires some knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping procedures in performing the maintenance of payroll within a well defined system. Assigned work is performed independently within highly detailed established guidelines and problems related to unusual transactions are referred to a supervisor. Work of a non-routine nature is subject to close scrutiny and is reviewed by a superior upon completion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verifies internal consistency, completeness and mathematical accuracy of payroll/accounting documents; enters or codes details of routine transactions in the payroll files.
- Locates and corrects routine journalizing and posting errors relative to the payroll.
- Compiles data and prepares payroll reports; calculates and/or verifies employee wages and salaries, and withholding items such as Social Security and tax, etc.
- Maintenance of a complex filing system and other general clerical tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of bookkeeping procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, superiors, and the general public.
- Skill in the operation of calculator, computer, and related office equipment.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Graduation from a standard high school including courses in typing and bookkeeping, supplemented by some experience in payroll and related clerical work; or an equivalent -combination of training and experience.
This position reports to the Payroll Supervisor.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.