Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
This is a highly responsible clerical position performing a variety of general office tasks.
Nature of Work:
This secretarial position involves relatively complex general office duties; maintaining an environment conducive to the work of the office; decision-making based on established policies and procedures; organizing and managing work flow; maintaining records and files; performing other duties as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for opening the Nursing division’s office at 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, when the Division is scheduled to be open.
- This position is responsible for attending Divisional meetings, take minutes, typing minutes, reports, forms, department requests, and other documents from copy or rough draft, including confidential material; proofreads typed copy.
- This position is responsible for all administrative support activities for the Division.
- This position serves as the first contact for all walk-in contacts.
- This position is responsible for student support activities.
- This position is responsible for Pre-Admission testing and the HESI Assessment testing for nursing students.
- This position is responsible for the coordination with adjunct faculty.
- This position is responsible for book orders, in cooperation with the Follett Bookstore here on Campus.
- This position is responsible for providing a semester guide for faculty with due dates and administrative requirements.
- This position is responsible for helping schedule meetings, appointments and faculty request; coordinates refreshments, catering for divisional meetings.
- This position is responsible for communicating with vendors to order supplies and other items as directed by supervisor.
- This position is responsible for making sure that class rooms are assigned and the required multimedia technology is requested for the classrooms as required by faculty.
- This position requires the application of knowledge and skills in the area of application requirements, registration, financial aid, records, compass tests, exit tests, video conferencing, posting of grades, and submitting required paperwork to appropriate areas of the college.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Be able to use computers extensively
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Considerable customer service skills. Preference will be given to an individual with significant administrative assistant experience.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Have graduated from high school (college degree preferred)
This position reports to the Dean of Nursing.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.