Working Title: Distribution Center Manager
Department: Distribution Center
This is a management position responsible for administration and operation of all distribution center activities. This is accomplished by providing accurate and efficient customer service in the areas of shipping/receiving, Central Stores, inventory control, and materials management.
Individual must be highly motivated with excellent interpersonal skills. Successful candidate needs the ability to work with demands coming from multiple deadlines, multiple departments, and agencies while maintaining a friendly and helpful attitude. The ability to multitask and successfully coordinate a variety of projects is required. Must be able to work well under pressure and function effectively as a leader in a team environment.
Nature of Work:
Work in this position includes, but is not limited to, responsibility for management of: shipping/receiving, warehouse operations, central stores, capital asset and small value property inventory, surplus disposition, and campus wide pickup/delivery services.
Frequent contact with government agencies, vendors, and personnel throughout the institution is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans and supervises the work of full time, part-time, and work/study student employees in receiving, shipping, storing, pulling orders, and pickup/delivery of materials from both on and off campus.
- Maintains capital asset and small value property inventories of campus equipment via PeopleSoft Asset Management Software. This includes the regular activation and retirement of assets to maintain a balanced monthly ledger.
- Supervises the yearly physical inventory of small value property and capital assets by departmental representatives. Furnishes each department with computer printouts of equipment assigned to them to use for physical count. Verifies printouts returned by departments, and submits report of inventory to the AVPBFS. Corrects PeopleSoft Asset Management records as required. Reports stolen equipment to local law enforcement agencies.
- Ensures proper disposal of surplus materials following State of Georgia DOAS disposition rules and regulations.
- Controls activities within Central Stores including issuing and replenishment of supplies. Maintains all associated computerized records. Generation of monthly activity reports. Conducts semi-annual inventory of Central Stores and reconciles with accounting records.
- Maintains both new and used furniture stores in warehouse for “as needed” campus use.
- Maintains long term bulk file storage for business and payroll files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Knowledge in methods of shipping and receiving, handling of bills of lading, inspection, receipt and disposition.
- Knowledge of handling procedures, storage and delivery of materials.
- Knowledge of storekeeping and inventory methods.
- Knowledge of property and equipment control.
- Ability to perform routine clerical work and to make math calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to work and perform assignments with little or no supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with persons contacted during the course of work.
- Knowledge of State of Georgia DOAS disposition rules and regulations.
- Skilled in project management (planning, managing and coordinating multiple operations of diverse natures including financial analysis).
- Ability to create and oversee budgets.
- Promote a diverse, culturally competent, and respectful workplace.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 45 lbs.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Ten years job-related experience in similar work environment.
- Minimum five years forklift experience required.
- Associates Degree required. Advanced education preferred.
- Experience with personal computers. Accounting, spreadsheet and shipping software skills required. UPS/FedEx shipping software, QuickBooks, PeopleSoft and Excel experience preferred.
This position reports to the Assistant Vice President for Business and Financial Services.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.