Working Title: Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Department: Distribution Center
This is clerical work requiring data entry skills in a shipping and receiving department. Creates and maintains proper documentation for both inbound and outbound parcels. Observes and reports irregularities in shipments to supervisor.
Nature of Work:
Work in this class involves frequent contact with freight lines and personnel throughout the institution. Some heavy lifting required. Duties include but are not limited to: receiving, storing, routing, and shipping of widely diversified materials.
Work involves responsibility for receiving, processing, and routing inbound shipments. Also prepares necessary tracking documentation related to delivery. Performs daily data entry feeds into purchasing software for material orders received by college.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Active in all phases of preparing parcels for inbound delivery and outbound shipment.
- Checks for damaged shipments and makes notes for proper adjustment.
- Determines that all shipments are received completely as to number of crates or boxes.
- Determines mode of transportation to ship outgoing shipments, and keeps records of same.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Ability to perform routine clerical work and to make math calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with management, coworkers, and public is required.
- Spreadsheet skills required.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. required. Technical or Associates Degree preferred.
- Requires basic computer skills.
- Three years job-related experience in similar work environment.
- Typing or data entry (35 wpm) experience required.
- PeopleSoft and Excel software experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 45 lbs.
- The attitude that “Customer Service Comes First” is mandatory.
This position reports to the Distribution Center Manager.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.