Working Title: Warehouse Laborer (part time)
Department: Distribution Center
This is primarily manual labor in shipping and receiving department with some forklift duties required.
Nature of Work:
Labor, working with supervision, assists with loading/unloading of freight, pulling orders, delivery/pickup of supplies and equipment from departmental areas, organization and cleaning of warehouse, and other duties as assigned. Limited record keeping abilities are required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Employee picks up and delivers parcels and equipment as requested on campus.
- Employee uses forklift to assist with loading and unloading materials as needed.
- Employee pulls Central Stores orders as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of initial employment.
- Familiar with methods of shipping and receiving.
- Some knowledge of handling procedures, storage and delivery of materials.
- Ability to understand and follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to safely operate forklift.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Graduation from high school or G.E.D.
- Three years experience in forklift operation.
- Some experience in shipping/receiving.
This position reports to the Distribution Center Manager.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.