Working Title: Assistant to Director of Information Technology
Department: Information Technology
This position provides direct support to the Information Technology Director in the management of the Office of Information Technology Department.
Nature of Work:
The Assistant to Information Technology Director is involved in major and complex technical decisions in the areas of equipment and system software procurement; project planning; implementing, evaluating, and modifying procedures ensuring Faculty/Staff and Students are on the forefront of technology. Work is performed with considerable independence under the general direction of Information Technology Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly with our OIT team to provide quality customer service to Faculty/Staff and Students.
- Research and evaluate technology needs and problems related to systems hardware and software to resolve issues or needs in a timely manner.
- Integrate information technology resources and team members to develop realistic strategic goals to meet deadlines.
- Generate and maintain requisitions for OIT department; and maintain copies of technology requisitions for all departments.
- Configure and deploy voice over IP phones to Faculty/Staff, maintain VOIP database, and troubleshoot VOIP problems.
- Maintain inventory database for computers, and network equipment.
- Maintain license agreements for campus.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with Faculty/Staff and Students and vendors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Software Suite; windows operating systems and common microcomputer applications.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills; and ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work under pressure and to maintain efficiency and composure.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Associate degree preferred; high school diploma required; five years working experience desired in education environment, business or technology related fields.
Assistant to Office of Information Technology Director reports directly to Chief Information Officer.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.