Working Title: Senior Web Analyst
Department: Information Technology
The main purpose of this position is the responsibility for the image, presence, accessibility, and functionality of the college’s intranet and extranet web sites and web applications used college-wide. Additional purposes include, but are not limited to, working with the student portal (Luminis), the Faculty/Staff portal (SharePoint), and filling the role of OIT Trainer.
Nature of Work:
The Senior Web Analyst utilizes a variety of software packages to create unique, attractive, and dynamic layouts for the college web site and aids college personnel in their content development. Prepares tutorials on software packages such as BANNER and Luminis and presents them to Faculty and Staff in a manner to aid their productivity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, maintains and improves the college web site in ways that are accessible, attractive, and dynamic.
- Utilizes PHP programming and MySQL databases to create a dynamically driven web site.
- Develops additional web sites as needed for special events and occasions.
- Ability to implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies.
- Develops and maintains the web site for Child Care Resource and Referral
- Communicates professionally with Faculty and Staff members in the compilation of their content for the web site.
- Keeps up to date with the latest web design trends
- Researches various software packages utilized on campus and prepares tutorials to aid Faculty and Staff in using the packages effectively in their work.
- Develops and maintains online registration applications for campus departments
- Assists in providing connectivity from application servers to data storage
- Assists with Registration processes on a semester bases
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Proficiency in XHTML, PHP, CSS, XML, AJAX, RSS
- Working knowledge/familiarity with FTP, SSH, SMTP, and other similar protocols
- Possesses current knowledge of secure web services: privacy, firewalls, encryption, and SSL.
- MySQL administration and optimization required
- Practical knowledge and use of cross-browser development techniques
- Demonstrated compliance of Section 508 and ADA laws
- Demonstrated understanding of W3C Standards
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, maintain dynamic web sites and portal sites
- Working knowledge/familiarity with the Luminis portal system
- Strong knowledge with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Prior experience providing for SharePoint web taxonomy, design and implementation
- Ability to diagnose computer issues via the phone
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to troubleshoot issues
- Linux and Apache web server configuration and management
- Must be willing to work outside normal business hours.
- Must be self-motivated, self-managed, and team-oriented.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Certified knowledge of Section 508 and ADA laws required
- Graphic Design education and experience
- Minimum of Associates Degree Required, Bachelor’s or Masters preferred
- Experience in and ability to work in a cross platform environment
- A minimum of 5 years experience with PHP/MySQL server-side programming and web page layout/design/development in a Linux environment.
- Oracle database or SCT Banner experience a plus.
- Must have experience with web graphical design program.
- CIW Professional Certification a plus
- Experience working in an Education environment a plus
- Additional certifications such as A+, Network + is considered a plus
The Senior Web Analyst for the Office of Information Technology reports directly to the Chief Information Officer.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.