Working Title: Information Technology Network Services Coordinator
Department: Information Technology
This is a technical lead position with primary responsibilities relating to all network services including design, installation, operation, and optimization.
Nature of Work:
The IT Network Services Coordinator designs new networks as physical plant facilities grow, implements the installation of all network related equipment for new facilities, and maintains all networks in existing buildings to support the academic and administrative missions of the college. This includes all physical infrastructure and systems required for data networks, CATV networks, Telco networks, and other physical infrastructure related to technology on campus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise in the design and documentation of network requirements, network specifications, and security practices for the campus.
- Assist in the design and documentation of technology infrastructure on campus.
- Supervise in the implementation of routers, switches, and other network equipment based on defined requirements and specifications.
- Supervise in the implementation of security equipment as needed to meet the defined security needs of systems.
- Supervise work flow for maintaining and repairing network systems.
- Manage network servers that provide core network functionality for the campus network including DNS, DHCP, and related servers.
- Assist with other network servers including Windows AD, Linux, and Cisco VOIP servers.
- Coordinate service backup and disaster recovery plans for the network.
- Supervise personnel and support all technology needs for administrative services departments for the campus.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Experience with Linux, Unix, and Windows administration.
- Experience with DNS and/or DHCP
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols.
- In depth understanding of Virtual LAN’s, VLAN tagging protocols, and related technologies.
- In depth understanding of Ethernet switching and routing.
- Familiarity with networking tools for monitoring or managing or analyzing network traffic.
- Understanding of 802.11 a/b/g wireless technologies.
- Understanding of enterprise level CATV systems.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Work as a team member and work independently.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree, CCNP or MCSE preferred.
The IT Network Services Coordinator reports directly to the Chief Information Officer.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.