Working Title: Web Designer II
Department: Instructional Technology and Distance Learning
This is a highly technical position that provides support for faculty and staff regarding Instructional Technology and Distance Learning.
Nature of Work:
Provides website support for Faculty and Staff at Darton College. Also provides technical support for development of graphics, presentations and multi media products, e.g. web galleries, video presentations, and disc-media and keynote productions. Create interactive learning modules for web-based delivery, special projects requiring specific online development and dedicated support for new technical developments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Program and maintain the College brand websites for divisions of Online Learning, Instructional Technology and numerous micro websites
- Create or edit images and graphics for website use.
- Determining all coding requirements for site creation including forms and specialized scripts.
- Create templates of approved website layout.
- Coordinate with programmers for specialized scripts.
- Assist administration in the development of presentations for various public speaking events.
- Converting audio/video for multimedia web based delivery.
- Assist in the technical area of Theater
- Assist Faculty and Staff with various design projects for both web and print.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong team skills
- Experience and knowledge of instructional web design and development, digital imaging, and digital multimedia
- Experience in educational setting
- Experience with online learning environments (experience with Blackboard Vista strongly preferred)
- Familiarity with MS Office products, HTML editors, multimedia development tools, digital graphics, digital audio editors, or other production software
- Experience in and a working knowledge of the use of educational media in the process of instruction
Required Education and/or Experience:
Associate degree and/or 5 equivalent years experience in Instructional Technology, Educational Media, Instructional Systems Design, Educational Psychology, or related field
The Web Designer II reports to the Instructional Developer
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.