Working Title: Streaming Media Specialist
Department: Instructional Technology and Distance Learning
This is a highly technical position that provides support for faculty and staff regarding Instructional Technology and Distance Learning.
Nature of Work:
The Streaming Media Specialist will provide video conference support, WebCT support, Media Lab support, and Television operations support to all faculty and staff on and off campus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain all conferencing equipment and server related equipment (Tandberg Management Suite, Content Server, and Gatekeeper). Keep software updated on units and service and support active.
- Maintain all streaming equipment and help maintain streaming servers. Maintain CH 19 stream.
- Setup mobile conferencing equipment for faculty/staff who request those services
- Record requested conferencing and streaming classes and post archives inside of WebCT or Podcast pages
- Connect and maintain Video conference calls.
- Support satellite reception and campus-wide video distribution system
- Supervise and train students and professionals on video conferencing equipment.
- Maintain web podcast pages and RSS feed pages
- Provide TV operations assistance and support.
- Provide assistance and support for the Multi Media Lab
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Minimum of two years experience in computer/technology support.
- Minimum of two years experience in video/audio editing, video conferencing, and streaming
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong Customer Support skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a team environment
- Experience in educational setting strongly preferred.
- Strong computer skills in both Hardware and Software.
- Familiarity with MS Office products, HTML editors, multimedia development tools, digital graphics, digital audio editors, or other production software
- Networking skills
Required Education and/or Experience:
Associate Degree in a technology or communications related field and/or 3 years experience and knowledge of audio/video system operations, digital multimedia production and audio/video conferencing equipment.
The Streaming Media Specialist reports to the Instructional Developer.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.