Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Department: Instructional Technology and Distance Learning
This is a highly responsible clerical position performing a variety of general office tasks for the Instructional Technology & Distance Learning Department.
Nature of Work:
The Senior Administrative Assistant plays an important role by providing clerical support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets individuals calling in person or by telephone; resolves problems when possible, or when necessary refers the caller to appropriate person.
- Types minutes, reports, forms, and other documents from copy or rough draft, including confidential material; proofreads typed copy.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail; composes some routine correspondence.
- Receives, records and routes departmental requisitions and leave requests.
- Initiates departmental student authorizations and organizes student timesheet submission.
- Attends Departmental meetings, takes minutes of the same and makes suggestions for improvements at said meetings when warranted.
- Helps schedule meetings, appointments and facility requests.
- Compiles multi-division and agency room requests to orchestrate scheduling of departmental rooms.
- Conduct preliminary research as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate stock of general office supply inventory.
- Completes all copying and filing.
- Reports to work as scheduled by immediate supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Additional duties based on experience may include:
- Student advisement
- Student registration
- Web maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook and various office machines such as photocopier and facsimile.
- Ability to maintain administrative, fiscal and academic records, some of which are confidential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with institution officials, administrators, and employees.
- Effective verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Considerable customer service skills.
- Knowledge of academic software (Banner Prod/PeopleSoft) desired.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Associate degree preferred; high school diploma required; two years working experience desired in public relations, business or customer related fields.
The Senior Administrative Assistant for the Instructional Technology & Distance Learning Department reports to the Chair of the Instructional Technology & Distance Learning Department.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.