Working Title: Instructional Technology Specialist II
Department: Instructional Technology and Distance Learning
This is a highly technical position that provides support for faculty and staff regarding Instructional Technology and Distance Learning.
Nature of Work:
The Instructional Technology Distance Learning team member will support Faculty/Staff with online course design and any multimedia needs of the college to include media deployments on and off campus, manage and maintain all ITDL technology equipment. They will also provide support for online classes and distance learning mediums.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support faculty use of computer technology carts equipped with PCs, digital projectors, document cameras and other peripherals.
- Maintain and manage media equipment usage including VCRs, monitors, audio recorders, overhead projectors, slide projectors, cameras, projection screens and other technology resources.
- Provide technical support for satellite reception and campus-wide video distribution system, stationary digital projection equipment and campus sound systems.
- Familiarize faculty with distance learning technology and procedures.
- Assist in desktop video production and web content development
- Supervise, train and schedule student workers as Media Equipment Support personnel.
- Theatre technician and sound support
- Provide technical support over phone
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong team skills
- Experience and knowledge of web design and development, digital imaging, and digital multimedia
- Experience in educational setting
- Experience with online learning environments (experience with Blackboard Vista strongly preferred)
- Familiarity with MS Office products, HTML editors, multimedia development tools, digital graphics, digital audio editors, or other production software
Required Education and/or Experience:
Associates Degree and/or 3 equivalent years experience in computer/technology support, multimedia development, instructional technology or media specialist.
The Instructional Technology Specialist II reports to the Multimedia/Network Coordinator
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.