Working Title: Ch19 Television Station Manager
Department: Instructional Technology and Distance Learning
This is a highly technical position that provides support for faculty and staff regarding Instructional Technology and Distance Learning.
Nature of Work:
The television station manager is responsible for and conducts the following duties on a daily basis including, managing all live and taped televised academic courses, managing and maintaining all Channel 19 computer systems, studio equipment, and peripheral equipment, on-air broadcast signal, management, supervision, and training of as many as 8-10 work-study students as broadcast production assistants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage/execute all live and taped televised academic courses daily.
- Manage and maintain all Channel 19 computer systems, studio equipment, and peripheral equipment.
- Mange/maintain channel 19 television audio/video on-air broadcast signal.
- Manage 8-10 work-study students daily as broadcast production assistants.
- Manage/supervise, train and schedule student workers in the advanced practice of broadcasting and producing.
- Secondary point of contact for GVNS video-conferencing technical support.
- Familiarize/orientate faculty with TV operations and procedures.
- Support Student/faculty/staff coverage of all activities campus wide.
- Senior/Primary Producer/Director/Editor for all Channel 19 television products and all high visibility video productions, promos, and Commencement exercises.
- Market /Promote/ advertise all Darton activities via Channel 19
- Support executive staff with production of video products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong team skills.
- Experience and knowledge of digital imaging and digital multimedia.
- Experience in educational setting.
- Familiarity with MS Office products, HTML editors, multimedia development tools, digital graphics, digital audio editors, or other production software.
- Experience in and a working knowledge of the use of educational media in the process of instruction.
- Broadcast/Film/Industry training certification.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors degree in Mass Media and Communications and/or 5 equivalent years experience in Television or Video production.
The Ch19 Television Station Manager reports to the Director of ITDL.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.