Working Title: Lead Test Administrator/Proctor for Online/Hybrid Class Tests
Department: Student Affairs
This is a highly accountable position performing test administration and proctoring. Tests are administered to Darton students (taking Online or Hybrid classes that require a proctor), Non-Darton students (taking Distance/Online classes from other colleges and universities and eCore classes), and other tests (Real Estate, NAFED, etc.) for Darton students and people in the surrounding areas who need a proctor for particular certifications.
Nature of Work:
The Lead Test Administrator/Proctor for Online and Hybrid Class tests administers and monitors tests for Darton students and people in the surrounding area who need to comply with the requirements of The College Opportunity and Affordability Act, course instructors, nationally standardized tests, or tests for various other courses and certifications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check in examinees as they enter the testing environment.
- Authenticate identification of examinees.
- Comprehend testing procedures as provided by manuals, instructors, or individuals representing various colleges, universities, or other testing facilities for paper/pencil tests or computerized tests and adhere to appropriate protocol.
- Clarify test instructions without decreasing test reliability if individuals have difficulty comprehending the instructions given.
- Assist examinees who have difficulty using a computer.
- Troubleshoot minor computer concerns.
- Communicate effectively with examinees, faculty, and staff.
- Communicate with technical support personnel from Darton and test providers as necessary to investigate and resolve technical issues.
- Provide information to other proctor(s) regarding changes, complexities, or irregularities.
- Download tests submitted by instructors to computer desktops for students to access.
- Collect test materials and organize appropriately by instructor, university, or organization.
- Work closely with other proctor(s) to ensure smooth transition of testing environment and protocol when shifts change.
- Convey any testing irregularities to instructors, Testing Coordinator, or other appropriate personnel.
- Update and coordinate with the Testing Coordinator regarding concerns about possible scheduling conflicts, test availability, future needs, equipment, supplies, and potential problems to perform requests from instructors, individuals, and businesses asking for proctored services.
- Report to work when Darton’s Online or Hybrid class tests are posted on the Testing Calendar and as needed to perform other duties and responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Testing Coordinator.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Follow written and oral instructions.
- Exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Communicate effectively.
- Adaptable and ability to multitask.
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook) and various office machines such as scanner, copier, and facsimile.
- Considerable knowledge of Windows applications, the Internet and web browsers.
- Keep information confidential.
- Organize materials and schedules.
- Meet and interact with examinees in a tactful and courteous manner while enforcing examination rules and procedures.
- Learn and implement detailed procedures.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required; experience in teaching and/or test administration is preferred; considerable computer skills are required; effective communication and organizational skills are necessary.
The Lead Test Administrator/Proctor for Online and Hybrid Class Testing reports to the Testing Coordinator.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.