Working Title: Success Advisor/ Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs
Department: Student Affairs
The Student Success Advisor/ Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs serves an important role in contributing to student success and satisfaction.
Nature of Work:
The Student Success Advisor/ Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs works closely with students, faculty, staff, and administrators to ensure that departmental and divisional goals and objectives are achieved. This position is also responsible for contributing to the overall increase in retention and graduation rates.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide personal, career, and academic advising to a diverse student population including athletes and those identified as at-risk.
- Assist in writing reports, letters, and marketing materials.
- Oversee special projects on behalf of the Vice President and the Division.
- Serve as an assistant to the Vice President, dealing with sensitive and confidential student issues including judicial matters with discretion and diplomacy.
- Serve as a referral source for concerns, needs, questions, grievances and complaints expressed by students and other constituencies.
- Serve as a liaison with various administrative offices within the institution, faculty and staff, various student organizations and groups, and numerous committees.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Student Affairs website.
- Compile goals and objectives for the division.
- Compile annual reports for the division.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
Excellent writing skills in addition to human relations skills; ability to independently initiate, develop, and implement programs and projects; ability to facilitate groups and deliver presentations; ability to be a team player and motivate others.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, education, or related field required; Master degree preferred.
This position reports directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.