Working Title: Sr. Administrative Assistant
Department: Vice President for Student Services
This is a highly responsible clerical position performing a variety of general office tasks for the division of Student Services.
Nature of Work:
The Sr. Administrative Assistant plays an important role by providing confidential secretarial services to the Vice President, which by nature of the position involves high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides clerical support for the Vice President for Student Affairs including correspondence, phone contact, appointment scheduling, travel arrangements and travel expense statement preparation.
- Screen visitors, makes appointments, receives telephone calls and faxes; receives, sorts, and routes mail.
- Plans and organizes work and develops procedures to meet requirements.
- Orders supplies for office, as well as, first aid supplies.
- Maintains all first aid kits on campus
- Composes, signs, and releases routine but somewhat complex correspondence.
- Communicates with executive and other administrative personnel to gather or convey relevant information.
- Responsible for maintaining all correspondence and information
- Plays an important role in the disciplinary proceedings involving students, by scheduling judicial hearings as needed, notifying committee members and student(s) involved, as well as recording the hearing to keep on file.
- Organizes and maintains confidential files and records
- Update and chase delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Highly skilled in office automation tools, software programs to include MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) .
- High degree of tact, initiative, accuracy, judgment and superior interpersonal skills, a thorough understanding of business practices and procedures and the ability to interface well with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain administrative, fiscal and academic records, some of which are confidential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with institution officials, administrators, and employees.
- Effective verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Considerable customer service skills.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Associate degree preferred; high school diploma required; two years working experience desired in public relations, business or customer related fields.
The Administrative Assistant for the Office of Student Services reports to the Vice President for Student Services.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.