Working Title: Coordinator of Alumni and Volunteers
Department: Institutional Advancement
The Coordinator of Alumni and Volunteers is to direct the Alumni and Volunteer programs of the College.
Nature of Work:
The Coordinator of Alumni and Volunteers is to develop and operate a viable alumni program including fundraising and develop and implement a comprehensive volunteer program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, evaluate and revise annually a written alumni plan to develop an active, progressive and supportive alumni association
- Be a point of contact for Darton alumni and volunteers that encourages a means to maintaining lasting relationships with the College.
- Communicate with and inform alumni and friends of campus activities, events, and campus-wide projects.
- Maintain an activities calendar and newsletter
- Recognize outstanding alumni achievements.
- Implement programs and activities that serve the need of the college.
- Maintain a current list of alumni and conduct annual phone-a-thon
- Include updated information on college website pertaining to alumni association.
- Develop services to benefit alumni.
- Create an opportunity for students to easily become members of alumni association upon graduation.
- Raise funds for the alumni association and the annual fund.
- Support activities of the Division for Institutional Advancement including Development, College Relations, Special Events, Annual and Capital Campaigns, and Public Relations.
- Serve on assigned college committees.
- Establish an effective training/orientation program for volunteers
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Proven ability to organize and manage special events
- Ability to encourage alumni and community involvement
- Ability to network with businesses, organizations, and individuals to form a solid volunteer base
- Ability to work well with others
- Be empathetic and sensitive to the needs of a diverse college community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer proficiency to include a working knowledge of Microsoft software and ability to use the Web and Web browsers with ease
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge software is helpful
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications or a relevant field
- 3-5 years successful experience in public relations, alumni affairs or event planning
The Director of Alumni Development is under the direction of the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.