Working Title: Director of Communications & Philanthropy
Department: Institutional Advancement
To provide a visible and mutually supportive point of contact for Darton alumni and friends that will encourage a means to maintaining lasting relationships with the College, and to act as an additional support mechanism for the College through communication, cultivation, recognition opportunities, and the implementation of beneficial services. To create, lead and direct all fundraising activities for the Foundation.
Nature of Work:
- Community oriented position with extensive inter campus communications.
- Obtain contributions for the Foundation to be used for Annual and Capital campaigns.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual written marketing plan for the College.
- Assist the President with all activities and events necessary to maintain a positive public image for the college.
- Coordinate all college advertising and promotion.
- Coordinate the editing and printing of college publications.
- Prepare all news releases for college activities.
- Arrange for the regular publication of the Update, class schedule, and college catalog.
- Review all college publications prior to printing.
- Inform college administrators, faculty, and staff of public opinion regarding the college.
- Represent Darton on the Chancellor’s Public Relations Advisory Committee.
- Coordinate Darton’s activities with area legislators.
- Coordinate fund raising initiated by the Darton College Foundation, Inc.
- Provide management of the Darton College Foundation, Inc. and implement Foundation policies and initiatives.
- Facilitate and coordinate fund raising activities directed toward federal, state and local agencies and private foundations and corporations.
- Create and manage special events and programs that market Darton College to its multiple constituencies and create a climate of public and private support for the college.
- Develop and manage a planned giving program.
- Inform the Darton College Foundation Trustees about relevant college activities.
- Plan and execute all Trustee meetings and work with committee chairs and faculty liaisons to fulfill the Foundation mission and goals.
- Inform college administrators, faculty and staff of development activities of the College and Foundation.
- Serve as a liaison to the Darton Boosters, Inc. and assist with Boosters events and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Darton College.
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Ability to seek and ask for donations
- Support the mission of Darton College
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years experience in successful fundraising and marketing
The Director of Communications and Philanthropy is under the direction of the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.