Working Title: First Year Experience Coordinator
Department: Learning Support
To promote and increase student retention and academic success.
Nature of Work:
Instructional and administrative staff position. Trains and monitors program facilitators. Conducts workshops for faculty, staff, and students. Maintains records and develops reports. Plans and coordinates program activities. Collaborates with student affairs to provide a wide array of activities for first year student enhancement and development. Teaches classes as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, select and supervise the peer mentors for freshmen.
- Research all aspects of First Year Experience.
- Assist in the development of written procedures and standards for First Year Experience.
- Assess all aspects of the First Year Experience program utilizing quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Assist the Dean of Learning Support in recruiting First Year Experience class facilitators.
- Coordinate classroom space, scheduling, course packets and other logistics for First Year Experience.
- Supervise summer orientation programs.
- Coordinate web presence for First Year Experience.
- Create a comprehensive training series for facilitators to learn about the Freshman Year Experience.
- Assist with night and weekend programming supervision as needed.
- Advising an assigned group of students.
- Participating in division and college committees and projects.
- Participating in community activities.
- Continuing professional growth and development.
- Participating in other duties as assigned.
- Additional duties as deemed appropriate and as assigned by the Dean of the Learning Support Division.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
Knowledge and use of statistical analysis. Commitment to the teaching and learning process in a two-year community college. Computer literacy and use of technology for instruction.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Master’s degree in Psychology, Education, or Counseling. Community college experience. Computer experience required.
The First Year Experience Coordinator reports to the Dean of Learning Support.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.