Working Title: Public Relations Specialist
Department: Institutional Advancement
The Public Relations Specialist is to assist in media and publication efforts for the College.
Nature of Work:
The Public Relations Specialist holds a community oriented position with extensive inter campus communications. This specialist also acts as an additional support mechanism for the College through communication, cultivation, recognition opportunities, and the implementation of beneficial services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design newspaper and magazine advertisements
- Design direct mail pieces, posters, flyers, and catalog covers
- Design and edit full-color, four-panel brochures for all college programs and prepare them for prepress, act as point of contact with printer throughout the printing process
- Write, design, and edit bi-weekly faculty/staff/trustee newsletter, The UpDate
- Design and edit spring and summer/fall class schedules
- Write, design, and edit business-oriented newsletter, Working Smart
- Write campus press releases and distribute accordingly
- Serve as a media liaison for campus events including press conferences, special seminars, student activities, graduations/pinnings, and theatre productions
- Serve as campus photographer for college events
- Supervise Communications & Marketing student worker
- Work closely with both the director of Communications & Philanthropy department and the Coordinator of Alumni and Volunteers on marketing campaigns and media buys for radio and television
- Coordinate the production of the Darton catalog (responsible for submitting bids for both print and CD versions of catalog and acting as the contact point with the printing companies, responsible for cover design and compilation of inside photos)
- Production of full-time faculty/staff print and on-line directory
- Create spotlight articles for the Darton Web site home page
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Darton College.
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, photography or other related field
- Successful public relations or photography experience
The Public Relations Specialist is under the direction of the Director of Communications and Philanthropy.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.