Working Title: Assistant Director of Student Activities
Department: Student Activities
The Assistant Director of Student Activities, under the direction of the Director of Student Activities, is responsible for directing all aspects of the intramural and recreational programs.
Nature of Work:
The Assistant Director of Student Activities plans and implements recreational and intramural activities and opportunities for the students of Darton College and the Darton College Community. The Assistant Director of Student Activities also assists in planning and implementing other educational, cultural, and social events and programs as assigned by the Director of Student Activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and duties for the Assistant Director of Student Activities include, but are not exclusively limited to:
- Coordinating a comprehensive intramural program for Darton College students and the Darton College community. This includes scheduling facilities, assessing recreational and intramural programs, coordinating officials, scheduling games, supervising games, publicizing events, recruiting participants, ordering equipment and any other duties associated with the intramural and recreational programs.
- Develop and implement programs for the Student Center
- Develop and implement programs and services for evening students-ID cards, tickets, supervision of evening programs and events, etc.
- Develop and implement programs and services to satellite campus –Cordele Campus
- Supervision/scheduling of the Student Center and student workers
- Marketing and promotion of Intramurals and Student Center
- Maintaining recreational/Intramural budget
- Progressively increasing participation and quality of recreational programs
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Activities
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
Knowledge of sports rules, officiating, and tournament scheduling required. The candidate must demonstrate excellent written/verbal communication skills and organizational skills. The ability to supervise and work with students is essential. One-two years experience in working in a sports or recreational setting is preferred. CPR certification required. Computer competency required.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors Degree in related field required. Masters Degree preferred. One-two years experience in working in a sports or recreational setting is preferred.
The Assistant Director of Student Activities reports directly to the Director of Student Activities.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.