Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Department: Student Activities
The Senior Administrative Assistant plays an important role by providing clerical support for the implementation of all Student Activities related functions.
Nature of Work:
This is a highly responsible clerical position performing a variety of general office tasks and bookkeeping for the Office of Student Activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The employee is required to exercise considerable initiative, independent judgment, and discretion while performing clerical and secretarial work. This job occasionally requires some evening hours.
Essential Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Primary contact person for students, visitors, faculty, club advisors and community with requests of information about Student Activities.
- Maintains daily accounting transactions for all clubs and organizations budgeted under the Student Activities department.
- Assists with annual budget preparation for accounts maintained in the Student Activities department.
- Provides clerical support for the Director of Student Activities including correspondence, phone contact, appointment scheduling, travel expense statement preparation, and providing of updated budget appropriation status of clubs and organizations on an as-needed basis.
- This person maintains all records necessary; prepares, checks, and channels various interoffice forms, requisitions, timesheets, check requests and student activities forms.
- Assist in the preparation of the semester calendars, annual Student Activities handbooks, and Club Advisor Handbooks.
- Directly involved in the planning and implementation of all Student Activity related events and activities including preparation of advertisement flyers and posters for each event.
- Assists in the process of making student IDs.
- Supervises one part-time student worker assistant.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills. The employee should have a proficient knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping as the primary responsibility for this position is to maintain the budget for the Office of Student Activities and the budgets for all clubs and organizations on campus. They should have good computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher with typing skills of at least 50 wpm. Excellent customer service skills are essential as this candidate must be able to interact with administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the community.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Degree or certificate in Office Administration (Secretarial Science) or related field or a minimum of two years of administrative assistant experience, with wide-range experience in bookkeeping, evidence of progressive responsibility in varied, complex work situations, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
The Senior Administrative Assistant for the Office of Student Activities reports directly to the Director of Student Activities.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.