Working Title: Research Assistant (Part-time)
Department: Institutional Research
This is a highly responsible research position performing a variety of data management and reporting tasks for the Office of Institutional Research.
Nature of Work:
The Research Assistant plays an important role by providing data input and analysis support to the office. Person will be involved in all aspects of the office’s responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Input data into Excel spreadsheets or Access data bases.
- Do analysis of data and write reports using Word.
- Uses SAS to analyze raw data.
- Creates Factbook with assistance and direction from Supervisor.
- Research topics in books, journals, and on the Web and report on findings.
- Attend and participate in Departmental meetings with Institutional Advancement.
- Helps schedule meetings, appointments and facility requests.
- Does filing and orders supplies.
- Compiles reports and does copying as requested.
- Reports to work as scheduled by Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and basic statistics.
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Outlook and various office machines such as photocopier and facsimile.
- Ability to maintain administrative, fiscal and academic records, some of which are confidential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with institution officials, administrators, and employees.
- Effective verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to learn various computer applications including SAS, Clearinghouse, IPEDS Peer among others.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required; experience desired in writing research reports and doing analysis.
The Research Assistant for the Office of Institutional Research reports to the Coordinator of Institutional Research.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.