Working Title: Executive Assistant
Department: Vice President for Business and Financial Services
To provide skilled and efficient clerical and administrative support to the Vice President for Business and Financial Services.
Nature of Work:
Work involves performance of varied secretarial, administrative, and public relations duties. Primary emphasis is on relieving top level administrative officials of operational details. Routinely handle confidential and sensitive information, correspondence and reports. Normal administrative routines are performed with independence, unless in the judgment of the employee, clearance with the administrative superior is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Independently work on projects under the direction of executive leadership
- Organize and maintain confidential files and records
- Compose routine correspondence for signature of Vice President
- Originate and maintain Allied Health and Nursing Division Memorandums of Understanding
- Audit travel for all employees
- Returned checks – process and follow-up; journal entries; Banner account posts
- Oversee employee background checks
- Coordinator of the college’s tuition assistance program
- Assist in the review and approval of legal documents
- Invoice for several grants and contracts, campus room rentals, building projects, etc.
- Prepare check requests, purchase requisitions, and other correspondence
- Bookkeeper for the Darton Boosters, Inc.
- Issue keys to all employees
- Vice President’s schedule and calendar
- Serve on college committees
- Attend conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars
- Communicate with offices at the Board of Regents and other system institutions
- Other duties as assigned
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Proactive with ability to initiate and complete projects, must be detail oriented, flexible
- Effective liaison and problem solver, capable of managing workflow and meeting deadlines, ability to multi-task
- Able to work in a confidential environment
- Able to focus on high level initiatives and planning while working on the execution of day to day responsibilities
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic
- Considerable knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations and policies of the college and the University System of Georgia
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook with typing skills of 55 wpm
- Banner and PeopleSoft experience
- Excellent customer service skills
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with three to five years of progressively responsible administrative office work experience.
This position reports to the Vice President for Business and Financial Services.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.