Working Title: Vice President for Business and Financial Services
Department: Vice President for Business and Financial Services
Serve as Chief Business Officer of the College
Nature of Work:
The Vice President of Business and Financial Services is responsible to the President for the administration of fiscal and business affairs of the college.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the key College official for planning, maintaining, and amending the various college budgets in coordination with the President, the College’s other Vice Presidents and the System Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs.
- Maintain employment personnel records, payrolls, and fringe benefit services for all college employees and be the chief coordinator for all non-academic employees.
- Prepare records, payrolls, reports, audits or other related services as required by the President, the System, or appropriate outside agencies with which the college conducts business.
- Responsible for all college contracts.
- Be responsible for Business and Financial Services, plant services, procurement, auxiliary enterprises, safety and security, campus mail and property.
- Serves on various College committees
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President or as requested by the System’s Vice Chancellor for Business and Financial Services.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Strong organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills. A working knowledge of the PeopleSoft and/or Banner systems would be beneficial
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with all internal and external constituencies of the College
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Masters degree in business-related field or a CPA
- At least five years supervisory experience in business and finance, with at least three years experience in a college or university environment
The Vice President for Business and Financial Services is under the direction of the President of the College.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.